Fresh from the release of their new album ‘We’ Canadian rock band Arcade Fire have announced an epic world tour.
The tour sees them play four dates in the UK, including one in Manchester later this year.
Here’s all you need to know about how and when you can get tickets, what songs they might play, and when the band comes to Manchester.
When do Arcade Fire come to Manchester?
The Manchester gig is set to be one of the first of the band’s shows on the European leg of their 2022 tour.
They perform at the AO Arena on Saturday, 3 September.
Where else will they play?
Arcade Fire are set to play shows across the continent throughout August, September and October.
The first show in Europe will be on 30 August in Dublin, and they will round things off in Warsaw on 1 October.
The full list of European tour dates is beow.
- 30 Aug – Dublin, IE – 3Arena
- 2 Sept – Birmingham, UK – Utilita Arena Birmingham
- 3 Sept – Manchester, UK – AO Arena
- 5 Sept – Glasgow, UK – OVO Hydro
- 8 Sept – London, UK – The O2
- 11 Sept – Lille, FR – Zenith
- 12 Sept – Antwerp, BE – Sportpaleis
- 14 Sept – Cologne, DE – Lanxess Arena
- 15 Sept- Paris, FR – Accor Arena
- 17 Sept – Milan, IT – Mediolanum Forum
- 18 Sept – Munich, DE – Olympiahalle
- 21 Sept – Madrid, ES – WiZink Center
- 22 Sept – Lisbon, PT – Campo Pequeno
- 23 Sept – Lisbon, PT – Campo Pequeno
- 25 Sept – Bordeaux, FR – Arkea Arena
- 26 Sept – Nantes, FR – Zenith de Nantes
- 28 Sept – Amsterdam, NL – Ziggo Dome
- 29 Sept – Berlin, DE – Mercedes-Benz Arena
- 1 Oct – Warsaw, PL – COS Torwar
How do I get tickets to the Manchester show?
A presale for tickets to the AO Arena show will open on 12 May at 10am, and will remain open until the start of general sale.
You must register for the pre-sale through the Live Nation website.
Tickets will be released on general sale at 10am on Friday, 13 May through Ticketmaster.
What is the setlist?
With the gig being several months away, it is hard to guess what the setlist will be in for the Manchester show.
Tracks from the new album will likely be performed, as well as plenty from the band’s back catalogue.
According to setlist.fm, this was the setlist from the band’s performance in London on 29 April.
- Age of Anxiety I
- Ready to Start
- The Suburbs
- The Suburbs (Continued)
- Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
- Generation A
- My Body Is a Cage
- Age of Anxiety II (Rabbit Hole)
- Creature Comfort
- Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
- Everything Now
- The Lightning I
- The Lightning II
- Rebellion (Lies)
- Unconditional I (Lookout Kid)
- Wake Up
- Encore 2:
- End of the Empire I-III
- End of the Empire IV (Sagittarius A*)
Who is the support act?
Joining Arcade Fire on the European leg of their tour is Canadian singer Leslie Feist, who is known as Feist.
The indie pop singer has released five studio albums, with the most recent titled ‘Pleasure’ coming out in 2017.
Who is Arcade Fire?
Arcade Fire is an indie rock band consisting of husband and wife Win Butler and Régine Chassagne, alongside Richard Reed Parry, Tim Kingsbury and Jeremy Gara.
The band’s current touring line-up also includes former core member Sarah Neufeld, percussionist Tiwill Duprate, saxophonist Stuart Bogie and multi-instrumentalists Paul Beaubrun and Dan Boeckner.
They have released six studio albums, including most recently ‘We’ which came out earlier this month.